Sunday, December 19, 2010

Lovett's Meadow Report by G.G. "The Chairman" of The Waterfowl Committee

The meadow lease is alive and well with tons of ducks!  I  went down by boat to check on the property yesterday, (last Monday).   I can't tell you all of the different species I saw. The ducks were in the ponds, creeks and bayshore. While walking the meadow I shot a black duck!   Problem was it keep going, it dropped on the SomersPoint/Longport causeway. I also missed a few! 
 
Today, I didn't get out until 9:00am, left at 11:45am. I downed 4 ducks, a black duck, mallard drake, hen gadwall & 1 unknown! It was so good today due to great weather conditions I didn't even grass the boat in. I just tucked her under the meadow bank of the creek, put out 3 stools and that was it.
 
Additional information, I just purchased a Pattern Master screw in choke "extended range." That's what is was meant for!  "Extended Range." I read up on it after the fact.  It is for 50 yards and better. I don't recommend it for shooting over stools, its way too tight. I did shoot today at 50+ yards and feathered the bird.
 
Lets get out there and and knock them down.
 
G.G.  The Chairman!
 
P.S.  Several other club members have been out this week and have had great days huntting the meadow

No comments:

Post a Comment